Sunday, April 18, 2010

Games

I had a conversation with my dad last night about how I find it VERY boring playing games with my children and that I felt a bit of a failure because of it. He assured me that I wasn't but it got me thinking.

So this morning I dedicated myself to Bella especially and spent some quality uninterrupted time with both the girls.

We did beading, UNO, kerplunk, spider game, draughts, boggle jnr and trouble and all this by midday!

I actually had an alright time and I'm pretty sure Bella did too ;-). I plan on doing this again soon.

Then we made pizza dough and pizza for lunch.

Here is the end product.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You are not alone! I used to find playing board games with the boys mind-numbingly boring.

I guess it was because we have to teach them the rules, 'let' them win (so they'll play again) and the whole time we are so busy thinking about other things we should be doing, that us mums forget to enjoy the moment.

It does get easier when all the kids can read because then you're not stuck with a 'helper' just for the sake of the game.

Over the Chrissie break, we spent many afternoons playing different games... In my opinion, Kerplunk is the worst game ever! None of the Cluedo games work (yet) But the old classics like Snakes and Ladders do. Funny enough so did Monopoly...

You could also try making your own boardgame** with the girls... All you need is a bit of cardboard, scissors, glue and colours / spelling / alphabet / numbers for the age appropriate. I do not recommend glitter - it gets everywhere and you'll be washing it out of everything FOREVER! You have been warned :)

**I had that idea when my eldest mentioned once that he was bored, so I told him to make a board game

Enjoy playtime... It does get better :)