Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's official


No more babies in this household.

We converted Tahlia's cot into a toddler bed tonight.

"I'm a big girl now" she said.

Too right! I almost had a little tear in my eye as we pulled the cot apart. The last time there will be a cot in our house. My 'baby' really truly is 'grown' up.

Expecting the worst I have just read her a book in her room and given her a cuggle and kiss. Walked out and voila! I believe she is asleep! Yippee!

We have had a quiet weekend at home. Met with the pool concreter today who marked out the pool - that's official also - we are getting a pool. They are digging in about 2 weeks.

Tossing up taking a quick trip to Townsville next weekend to watch a Cowboy's game. Would have to come home Sunday night though (even though it is a long weekend next weekend) because Michael's dad is coming over to do the double paling fencing.

Isabella had a lovely play date today with a school friend who lives around the corner. Since coming home she has been playing on the computer!

We watched two movies this weekend. Marley and Me - my gosh what a tear jerker! The girls started watching that one but both fell asleep long before it ended. And today Michael and I watched Revolutionary Road - another confronting (not happy) movie.

Well I'm about to go and read Twilight for the 3rd time. Watched the movie on Friday night with Michael. I must admit the first time I watched it I was very disappointed - but it was better the second time around.

Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEAH for a big girl bed and new pool! Let us know when we can come for a swim!