Thursday, June 4, 2009

Asleep

Tahlia and I had our Thursday together today. We went and visited my Mum during her usual nap time and so she didn't get her nap today. She was pretty feral come 6pm, so I let her watch Wiggles while I made dinner.

By the time Michael got home she was asleep on the beanbag.

So we are about to sit down to dinner and she wakes up sooky. She wanders around, sits at the table, sooks, hops down, wanders around, sooks, gets back up on her seat at the table, half hops down so she is laying half on the seat with her legs dangling down.

I thought she was having another sook so we all kept eating our dinner.

Nope too quiet - she had fallen asleep!

Wish I had taken a photo - it was too cute!

Isabella has her first sports carnival tomorrow. She is in the 'green' team. This afternoon as I picked her up from school all the kids (except the Preps) were practicing their chants - should be nice and loud down at the oval tomorrow!

I think the Preps only go down for 2 hours to do a race and some ball games. Remember ball games??? I loved them. Already the pressure seems to be on though, Bella was saying her team is 'no good' and 'won't win a medal' - how sad! I tried to tell her it wasn't about winning but about having fun.

Long weekend - yay!!!!!!!!!!! Good on you Queen for having a birthday, even though it isn't this weekend! hehehehehe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor wee girl! Hope she got caught up on her sleep!

Carolyn said...

How was the sports carnival? The competition is always tough and seems to start really early on! And it's not just the kids - the parents can be just as bad. Last year, I actually spoke with another dad who reckoned he had never been competitive until he watched his step-daughter run. Yes, she is good, but this seems to be just a bit silly.

I always try to go, mainly just to watch the adults and the poor P.E. teacher who had to organise the whole thing.

Our sports carnival had to be rescheduled due to the massive rain and the teacher's strike that week. It should be coming up in the next week or so, stay tuned.