Monday, March 1, 2010

My Kitchen Rules

I've been so inspired in the kitchen lately.

I discovered Donna Hay last week (don't know how I didn't know about her sooner!).

Tonight I made basil, lemon and garlic roasted chicken which was not only scrumptious but so quick and easy!

Last night Tony, Jo, Declan and Nate came for dinner. I made my first attempt at Creme Caramel. The caramel was a little toffee-like but overall YUMMY!!!

For entree was my second go at bruschetta and it was mmmmmmmm!

I have lots of basil in the herb garden at the moment.

In other news Isabella is up to her third sight words level and her reading is just fantastic! I'm so proud and I hope she has a love of reading in her life I know how much i've enjoyed it.

Tahlia also surprised me this afternoon by showing me how she can swing herself on the swing! Very clever!

In sadder news a dear friend is in palliative care and we said goodbye to each other today :-(

Phyllis was my "adopted" grandmother growing up and we spent many many hours together. She is a wonderful cook, cake decorator, sewer, crocheter, rose, orchid and shell enthuist, listener and friend. I love you Phyl!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: