Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hairdressers



After I had a shower with Tahlia this afternoon, Isabella called her over to the couch to play hairdressers.

Tahlia is used to sitting in that position. Each morning that is where both girls sit while I do their hair. Tahlia and Bella are both excellant at sitting while I do their hair.

Tahlia had already had her hair washed (so it was wet) but Isabella still insisted on using the water spray.

I must admit she did quite a fine job. It is now that I write this that I realise I didn't take a photo of the finished 'do'.

Isabella has asked if she can do Tahlia's hair tomorrow.

Sure it'll save me a job!

*************************************************************************
And in other news, Tahlia is still going to sleep perfectly and is now also sleeping right through. Well to 5.30am anyway. Normally I'd feel a bit ripped off about that - but I figure we usually get up at 6am anyway, what's a 1/2 hour earlier?

Besides I usually spend the time cuggling with her on the couch - so I kind of love it.

Isabella is going great with her swimming. This term she began learning to breathe with the arm action. I was a bit sceptical at first that she would ever be able to co-ordinate that all together but she has come A LONG way. I'm so proud of her!

I'm still unsure, however, how Isabella is getting on in school. She really doesn't say much about it and we usually have to play 20 questions to work out what she has done during the day. Michael and I are interested in speaking with her teacher during parent/teacher interviews in the next couple of weeks to get her take on it.

************************************************************************

18 March 2004 (5 years ago)

Isabella was 8 months old and I have written in my diary:

"Sleep thru - 6 nights in a row - a record!" "Milestone - you pulled up onto Lisa's couch."

18 March 2007 (2 years ago)

Tahlia was 8 weeks old and my diary says:

"Harbour park w/ Jen Mitchell and Hayden and for lunch. We all had naps. To Nana's - Bella played with Alishia. I have the sneezes. Aaachoo!"

Very descriptive, Suzanne! Actually it was a Sunday so there wasn't much room to write!

Well that's enough reminiscing for tonight!

Good night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet photos!

Heather said...

very cute pics. my son likes to "cut" my hair lol.

he's rough though :(

Carolyn said...

Welcome to the school age! My 3 boys never tell me anything important until long after it's happened. A typical conversation can be as follows:
ME: How was your day?
CHILD: Fine
ME: What did you do?
CHILD: Not much?
ME: Did you have fun?
CHILD: Yes (Or in extremely rare circumstances like today) No.
ME: Why? What happened? (For both responses)
CHILD (Having a fun day): I can't remember.
CHILD (Having the not so fun day): Everyone kept yelling at me.
ME: Why? What happened?
CHILD: I can't remember.
Conversation closed. I'm sure it would be easier to get blood out of a stone.

Suzanne said...

hehehehe C - that is too funny! Glad to know she isn't unusual then.