Monday, March 9, 2009

Hellalujah

OMGosh!!!!

Bella got student of the week last week and this week Tahlia is getting the child of the week award!

I just put Tahlia in her cot, told her I loved her and I would be just outside.

Walked out the door and...........................SILENCE!! She went to sleep!!

This is from a child who has needed either Michael or myself standing next to her cot until she falls asleep and who has been waking each night as well. (I blame ourselves for this).

We started controlled crying on Thursday night - so it only took 4 nights. I'm so pleased and pray it continues.

On another note: we had a houseful of family (and their pets) on Saturday night just in case Cyclone Hamish decided to cross the coast where we live. 9 adults, 4 children, 3 dogs and 6 cats!! So this is the calm after the storm so to speak.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL at the fun and CONGRATS to Tahlia!!

Heather said...

Congrats. MY SON IS STILL SLEEPING this AM, must be from the time change. That and he didn't have a nap yesterday. We were under a tornado watch yesterday....

Anonymous said...

Controlled crying is hard isn't it? I disliked that stage. Me sitting out of the child's sight, both of us crying was not fun for me. I found it didn't work with the middle one. He cried so much he was sick and we ran out of bedding... Call me chicken - I do. It did work on my eldest and youngest though. Go Baby Girl!

Your sleepover on Saturday, sounds like it was the biggest amount of fun! I bet the kids absolutely loved it! Probably not so much the adults, or the pets who had to share! But how many memories have you now made? My opinion - Love it!
C