Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bits and pieces update

“I’d love to”

I love hearing myself in my kids sometimes. I have a habit of saying ‘I’d love to’ (a little sarcastically) when my kids ask me to do something I don’t want to do.

The other day I asked Miss Tahlia to come to me so I could fix up her skirt and she replied ‘I’d love to’ and to me she came.

Very cute….

“Reading”

Isabella’s reading is coming along in leaps and bounds. We are making a conscious effort to read every night and she is playing heaps on ‘Reading Eggs’ website. She is just stoked she is able to read some of the basic books in the ‘Reading Eggs’ suite.

So am I!

“Pool”

Slowly but surely the pool is coming along. The coping tiles were laid last Thursday. The pebble insert is being done today and they will be back tomorrow to acid wash it and then I believe water can be filled on Thursday.

We have temporary fencing coming on Thursday and hopefully will be able to line up the landscaper for next week.

Unfortunately we are in a queue for the proper fencing – looks like it won’t be done for 4-6 weeks!

We signed the contract in May – you can get a house built faster!

“Holidays”

Michael and Isabella are into their second week of holidays. They have been spending time at the beach, going to the movies and other various activities together. Isabella has also spent 2 days at vacation care with her best friend Natalie.

“Water Park”

The girls and I went to the Water Park on the weekend with my sister Amanda and niece Alishia. It was FREEZING!! And yet Tahlia insisted that I take her down the slide (which meant I had to get wet more than just up to my knees!). The girls obviously didn’t feel it as much as us adults and spent a good amount of time swimming and splashing.

“Pregnant”

No I’m not but a near and dear friend is heavily pregnant and another announced her pregnancy news last week. Praying for safe (pain free – ha!) delivery for Kathy and a beautiful healthy baby and for an uneventful, joyous pregnancy for Nikki.

No comments: