Tuesday, September 8, 2009

oh d EAR

Poor Isabella has a perforated ear thanks to a rather sharp Yucca in our front yard!

The girls were playing in the front yard while Michael was busy cleaning the cars.

Isabella started screaming and ran inside, meanwhile Michael is outside berating Tahlia and telling her to go and apologise to her sister.

Unbeknownst to us all, Tahlia was completely innocent and the Yucca had attacked Isabella as she walked past.

She told me she was in quite a bit of pain so I dosed her up with medicine, but couldn't see anything that gave me cause for alarm.

She had an awful night on Sunday and by Monday morning there was dried blood in the ear. Doctors trip in the afternoon who advised she had perforated her ear. Poor thing.

Michael was sick on Monday too - I think there is some virus/bug going around which causes extreme dizziness.

We had parent/teacher interviews today. These were 3 way interviews with Isabella showing us through her digital portfolio. I'm amazed at how much she is learning each and every day.

She is constantly full of questions and talking about words and sounding them out.

We are trying to do lots of reading at nights too.

We are off to Brisbane (Sunshine Coast) on Friday to see family - Isabella and Tahlia have been on the count down for weeks. Michael will already be down there for work and so the girls and I are flying down together on the Friday.

Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

It sounds like quite a busy few days! How's Isabella's ear now? And (of course) Michael?

Just a thought but you might want to check with the Doctor about Isabella flying... It could be a bit uncomfortable for her so maybe there is something she can have or suck on. I tend to use hard lollies, like Butter Scotch, for when the boys and I fly in normal circumstances.

Have a good trip,
Carolyn
PS I do read your blog, I'm just really bad at comments