Thursday, September 17, 2009

visiting reading skyping

Michael and the girls and I spent a long weekend on the Sunshine Coast this past weekend.

We stayed with my Dad (Cliff) and Step-Mum (Yvonne) and for most of Saturday and Sunday my 3 neices (Lily, Matilda and Hannah) and their mummies (Emma and Kylie) and daddies (David and Phil) were also there.

A wonderful time was had by all.

While we were all together we also celebrated Matilda's 5th birthday (which is actually in early October).

Here are some pics to prove it!

Isabella enjoying bubbles
bubbles

Tahlia knackered out
pooped!

The birthday girl - Matilda
Photobucket

The 'flowers'
the flowers

We were all very impressed with Lily's ability to read (she is nearly finished first grade). So much so that Isabella and I have found some resources to make serious inroads into doing the same. Today I found some great books that have an online component which Isabella had loads of fun doing - by the end of the first 8 books she was able to read the first two readers! Exciting stuff.

My Dad has been on Skype for ages and after speaking with my Aunty Eileen in Canada on the weekend through Skype I finally got around to downloading it at home. I then proceeded to have an hour long video call with a girlfriend who lives nearby and an IM conversation with another girlfriend in the US. Tonight we 'called' Cliff and Yvonne and they were able to 'see' the girls and I on the webcam. What a great way to keep in touch!

And now it's nearly 10pm and time for this little black duck to call it a night!

Toodleloo for now Suz

No comments: