Sunday, February 8, 2009

Name that rash...





This was Tahlia this morning :-(


I noticed she was itching the back of her legs last night and so I dosed her up on Polaramine and rubbed anti-itch cream all over her.


She had an awful night.


This morning Michael and I freaked out when we noticed little dots had spread all over and she was very itchy.


Michael took her to the after hours doctor who diagnosed her with having an allergic reaction to something. He has prescribed prednisone! So it must be a pretty bad reaction.


The welts are looking a little better this afternoon although I noticed she was still scratching when I put her to bed tonight.


As to what she had a reaction to? She was playing outside yesterday so I'm wondering if it was the grass or one of the weeds in our grass? In any case I hope it doesn't happen again, poor thing.


Now I'll have to try and convince daycare tomorrow she is not contagious!


P.S. the yellow water is from pinetarsol - it's not a big wee wee!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Do you have a mulberry tree in your garden? The reason I ask is because my middle one (aged 10) had an allergic reaction after tasting a leaf off the tree. Yes - you read that correctly - the leaf, not the fruit. Maybe he just wanted the day off school...

Another silly question - is her skin dry? At the same age, my youngest used to suffer from eczema and we tried everything, including pinetarsal but that just stung him. We then tried QV bath oil and that really helped him.

Just a few thoughts... How is she now?

Suzanne said...

You know I didn't even consider what she put in her mouth - only what may have come in contact with her skin!

We don't have any mulberry bushes and yes she does have extremely dry skin - I don't wash her with soap - I use Dermaveen (?) on both girls and it really seems to help.

Thanks for your thoughts they are appreciated.

She is much better now, although I'm not sure how long it will take before her legs heal from the itchy she has already done and the scratching I'm sure she'll do!