Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No bath

I can't remember the last time my girls went to bed without a bath.

But tonight that's just what happened.

I worked today and Isabella was at after school care. It was pouring at 5 when I left work to pick her up - I was almost soaked by the time I reached my car. A big thank-you to Lisa for driving a few of us down the block to our cars!

By the time I got to Bella there was gushing water everwhere. I made Isabella take her shoes and socks off to run through the water to the car.

Went to pick up Tahlia from daycare and there was water about 5 centimetres above my feet in the daycare carpark!

Then attempted to drive my usual way home only to realise that the roads were closed due to flooding. So had to backtrack to Mount Pleasant to get home!

So a 15 minute journey turned into 45 minutes! By the time we got home and I made some dinner it was too late to bath the girls. If I don't have the energy or time to have a shower with them in the morning I'll just freshen them up with some perfume spray and no-one (but you!) will be any the wiser!

Michael left for a couple of nights away with work today so it's just me and the kids. Now that sounds like a great name for a book Mum!

It's now 9.45pm and both girls are sound asleep and have been for some time. I think I'll go and read my book in bed for a little while.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

*Singing*
I won't tell, if you don't tell, Doo Dah, Doo dah
Let's just hope your girls don't tell, Doo Dah all the way
*End singing*

There's nothing wrong with skipping a bathnight. Especially when you had a nightmare of a drive home! It makes it more of an adventure for them and more time for you! A couple of wetwipes (or a washcloth and soapy stuff) and the kids will smell like new!

Anonymous said...

I think the title, Just Me and the Kids, has been done by some geriatric bimbo.